Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Portrait competition!


Dear readers!

I hereby announce the starting of a competition. The winner wins $10 discount on a Kate Gabrielle's Etsy store of his/her own choice:

Silents and Talkies (colorful portraits of actors and actresses)
Kate Gabrielle (funny art - give your walls a sense of humor!)
flapper doodle (where I could spend the rest of my life)


The assignment is for you to make a portrait of my Lolita persona. The caricature to the right is only an example - the portrait can be a serious one or a funny interpretation of how you think of me.

You may use whatever medium you like for the portrait: Photoshop, Paint, charcoal, your own blood - anything. The only restriction is (of course) that the painting isn't offending in any way. And I bet you all know that I, myself, am hardly offended that easily, so just use your common sense.
In the end of this post I have added a couple of pictures for help or inspiration, if needed.

The competition ends on March 1st 2010.



Audrey Hepburn Pop Art
8"x8" print, $15
4"x4" print, $5



Signed numbered matted art print, $15


Six cards, $10


Everyone that enters the competition gets a reward even if they don't win, meaning: all entries will be displayed (unless you say otherwise, of course) on my up-coming website http://lolitasclassics.com.
It's still under construction, I need to beef it up a bit before it's ready for a premiere!

Send your entry to lolitasclassics@gmail.com
Add your name or alias and website (if you have any) and also city, state and country (that's optional) in the email.

I hope you will think this is fun: no professional artistic talent is required, after all!

[If you want to go back to this post later on you can just click on the icon on the far top of the right column.]

Love //Lolita

















15 comments:

getsbis said...

oh, that last photo is my all time favorite of yours.

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT DRAW LOLITA!!!!!!

UNFAIR.

But great idea anyway! And fun pics!

Lolita of the Classics said...

Gatsby:
Thanks! I like it too :)

Harley:
Ah, come on! You can make a stick figure in MS Paint!

joaop1960@gmail.com said...

Oh, what a pity I can't draw and I'm afraid of flying, so I can't go near you and try to snap you...hope this doesn't mean we're not going to see more pictures of you : it's that you're very nice and fun to look at.
Beautiful blog, thank you.

Lolita of the Classics said...

João:
Wow, that was flattering! There will probably be photos of me every now and then, every time I get bored of the classic-movie-topic and feel like adoring myself a bit ;)

Maggie said...

Awesome! Another chance for me to flex my embroidery-portrait muscle!

Unknown said...

Hello! I absolutely love your website, and your fun and informative site has in fact it has inspired me to create my own classic movie website. You do offer a couple features I would like to include and I was hoping you could take a moment and offer some suggestions, Please! I would like to have a guestbook and also allow viewers to leave comments, but I can't find anything. Guess I'm not tech savvy enough to find what I'm looking for! Any suggestions would be really really really appreciated! Thanks!

Lolita of the Classics said...

Maggie:
Do it! :)

Craig:
Thank you! Most things on blogspot is automatic, so just click around on the Layout tags and you will understand in a minute :) Comments are also automatic, but you can alter that in the Customize section too. Get your website going!

monty said...

What a cool idea Lolita. And I think your 3rd picture is a great one. You seem so relaxed and serene.

Millie said...

Can I make a paper mache Lolita...like pinata or something!?!? HAHAH!

Do we get extra points for have the most creative idea!?? ;-D I'm just checking my options here.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Monty:
I hope people will find it fun! And thanks :)

Millie:
Of course! Perhaps not official extra points, but I do have to choose a winner, so... ;)

Jorgé said...

What a fantastic and fun idea, Lolita!!

Also, congratulations on your up-coming website...Looking forward to the premiere!

~Jorgé

Merriam said...

Oh I so want to do this, it sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not much of an artist though.

Merriam said...

Hi Lolita, I just sent you my submission! Just to let you know in case it gets put in the spam folder.

Millie said...

MY SUBMISSION IS SORTA ALMOST ON THE WAY I forgot that Sweden is like 7hrs ahead! :-/