Sunday, February 22, 2009
Right America Feeling Wronged: Some Voices from the Campaign Trail
Director: Alexandra Pelosi
During the McCain-Obama political campaign 2008 Alexandra Pelosi followed the republican campaign trail, interviewing civilians and volunteers. The gathered material is shown in this documentary, without any opinions from the director, producer and cinematographer herself.
The documentary begins with John McCain pronouncing that Barack Obama won the election. We see the faces of terrified republicans in the audience, some are crying.
One woman is asked what she thinks of America now.
- I am scared to death.
- It is supposed to read "Say no to socialism"?
- It SAYS "Say no to socilism."
- You spelled it wrong!
- I did? Do you have a marker?
- No. So, what is socialism?
- There is a definition... I can look it up really quickly. (He picks up his cell phone).
- Tell me yourself.
- Well, eh... Socialism... it's basically like the views of Hitler. It's like the in between... ehm... it's like in between... uhm... communism and... ehm... I can't remember what the other word is, but it is between... It's like the medium between communism and another view, but I don't know exactly what that is.
Barack Obama is a terrorist. Obama - Osama. It's the SAME thing!
When they swear him in he's going to have his hand on the Koran, and he's going to take off his mask, ans he's going to be Osama bin Laden, that's who he is!
Well, that was just a little appetizer. You really should see this, all of you.
Of course, I can't tell whether this looks as freaky to other Americans as it does for me, little Inga from Sweden. But I guess it does, since the documentary is made by an American woman.
I'm just happy that the majority of the American people voted right. Brings some hope to the rest of the world.