Friday, March 13, 2009

Poll's closed #3


So, which Frank Capra film did my visitors vote the best?

The beyond-doubt-winner was one of his first creations, It Happened One Night (1934) with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, conquering the voting with 46 %.

The silver price is split between two films starring James Stewart, with 15 % each: It's A Wonderful Life (1946) and You Can't Take It With You (1938).



Mr. Deeds Goes To Town (1936) and Mr. Smith Goes To Washington (1939) got 7 % of the votes each, sharing with 7 % "Another". Anyone who wants to step out from the shadows and reveal their favourite Capra?


Next poll: Which is your favourite Hollywood couple?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I voted for You Can't Take it With You.. it was really a hard decision though, since I'm a huge Capra fan. I'm actually surprised that it was such a landslide for It Happened One Night! I love it, but I actually didn't expect it to win.

Unknown said...

By the way, you need to add "other" to the new poll...

Lolita of the Classics said...

Kate Gabrielle:
Well, that's the sad truth about film successes - they over-shadow other great films!

And about the "Other"-option: I thought about adding it, but then I realized that
1. Everyone would pick that one.
2. It's funnier to force people to vote for their favourite of my choices!

Call me mean, but I want funny results. Hehe.