Thursday, February 17, 2011

Picture Galore: Random Cool Pics

Alfred Hitchcock turning his back on MGM. (Hitchcock may also be backing into the lot.)

Alfred Hitchcock and what I suppose is the (or "an") MGM lion.

Akira Kurosawa and Francis Ford Coppola. Coppola believed in Kurosawa's 1980 samurai epic, Kagemusha, and was a co-producer

Anthony Perkins, Audrey Hepburn, a beer bottle and a Roe Deer fawn. Anyone dare to guess what/why/where the hell this is?

Bill Murray on the set of Where the Buffalo Roam (Art Linson, 1980), in which he plays the eccentric journalist Hunter S. Thompson. See next picture.

Hunter S. Thompson. My guess is that this photo was taken some time before he blew his brains out.

Charlie Chaplin and his inspiration, the French comedian Max Linder.


Ernest Hemingway. My guess is that this photo was taken some time before he blew his brains out. I guess it's just the author way of saying good bye.

Jack Nicholson, Candice Bergen and Art Garfunkel, probably during the filming of Carnal Knowledge (Mike Nichols, 1971) - a film I bought on DVD for the only reason that I was in love with Garfunkel at the time.

Finnish director Aki Kaurismäki - a real but slightly unreal character.

9 comments:

Christopher said...

Tony Perkins and Audrey Hepburn-RIMA THE BIRD GIRL in Green Mansions

Evangeline Holland said...

Isn't the Hepburn/Perkins photo from when they were filming Green Mansions?

Lolita of the Classics said...

Christopher and Evangeline:
Good job! I knew it would be faster to ask my readers than to google it myself ;) Is it a film worth to watch?

Mykal Banta said...

Lolita: That shot of the tongue three-way with Candice Bergen is about the hottest thing I've seen in awhile. I wonder who thought that shot up? You have to suspect Nicholson, but I bet Garfunkle had hidden, wolfish depths.

Andrew K. said...

That Audrey/Anthony photo is weird, but enticing at the same time.

Unknown said...

Haha. I remember seeing CARNAL KNOWLEDGE on pay cable TV back in the late '70s. Nicholson and Garfunkel were both too old to be credible college students, but it was an interesting film.

Millie said...

That photo of Audrey + Perkins is AWESOME!

Actually, Audrey kept the deer as a pet after Green Mansions. She named it Ip (after the sound it made)! There are random, hilarious family photos of her with Ip (both napping on a couch together...Seriously.)

Lolita of the Classics said...

Mykal:
All men that look cute and kind have hidden agendas! I bet it was Garfunkel's idea.

Andrew:
It's lovely.

Tim B Williams:
Few are the college films that have actors that could pass for teenagers!

Millie:
Ip! How cute! I should google for more photos of them.

Henning said...

That deer was actually Audrey's and was called Pippin.
I think I read somewhere that it used to sleep in the bed with her.