Thursday, December 16, 2010

Picture Galore: Getting Close


Being in a mad mood, I tried cheering myself up by hunting for celebrity pictures of the more personal sort. I found a couple of new ones I had not seen before, some of them apparently shot by Yul Brynner. (I say "apparently", since I have trouble finding the sources of the photographs and I am damaged by university studies.)

Here are some of my finds. They actually got me into a slightly better mood.



Audrey Hepburn by Yul Brynner.

Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey Hepburn.

Ava Gardner.

Buster Keaton.

Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope and David Niven.

Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe.


Deborah Kerr by Yul Brynner.


Elizabeth Taylor.

Frank Sinatra and Grace Kelly.

Grace Kelly by Yul Brynner.

Gregory Peck.

Ingrid Bergman by Yul Brynner.

James Dean and Elizabeth Taylor.


Jean Simmons and Marlon Brando.

Marilyn Monroe.

Mia Farrow by Yul Brynner.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.

Rock Hudson and Doris Day.

Sophia Loren.

4 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Wonderful pictures. Just wonderful.

Meredith said...

I can vouch for the first audrey, the deborah kerr and the mia farrow pictures definitely being taken by yul brynner. :) those are the only ones I spot off the top of my head.

Anonymous said...

So many great photos! I love the one of David Niven, Bob Hope, Clark Gable and Cary Grant laughing together. I'm pretty sure that's from a TV special that was being put on in the 1960s. I tried to find out specifically but the LIFE photos documents are down :(

The one of Liz Taylor dancing/jumping is really fun too.

Chris Edwards said...

These are really gorgeous. Gable/Monroe for the win.