Monday, June 15, 2009

Smoking women - part 4

Since I am a little busy with a "secret project" of mine, I have to go with these lazy-ass posts for a while. Hope you don't mind. At least I provide pictures of some gorgeous femme fatales!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3


Enid Stamp Taylor, again. (See part 2.) How wonderful that cloche hat is.

Lupe Velez, looking oh, so feminine. (Is that a dead bird in her hat?)

French Corinne Calvet, multitasking by smoking, drinking and trying to breath in that treacherous corset. (I want those gloves.)

Paulette Goddard looks comfy in her bath tub. But personally, I would not be comfortable with all the camera crew that probably stands around her.


Linda Darnell, a natural beauty.


I had to put in this amazing picture too, even though I have no idea who she is. I found the picture with the only information of "Comtesse de la Falaise - 1934". Maybe she has something to do with Gloria Swanson's third husband Henri de la Falaise. Maybe not.

2 comments:

gwenmunro said...

She was an Englishwomen, Maxime Birley, daughter of a well-known portrait painter, she was married to a French count (Alain de la Falaise,
later divorced). She was a model; a Food editor for Vogue and did restaurant reviews for the New York Times; wrote several books was a friend of Andy Warhol and was often photographed by Cecil Beaton.

See N.Y. Times Obituary:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/02/nyregion/02falaise.html

Unknown said...

Your contents are moving ahead with days persevere guys.

sony vtc4 18650