Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Poll's closed #7 and #8

Due to my apartment switch I'm a little behind with my poll results - I beg your pardon for that.
Therefore I will display the results of my last two polls, and then start another one right away!


Poll number seven was about your favourite Sherlock Holmes films starring Basil Rathbone.
Since there were no less than 14 of these films, the votes were quite scattered. All films got one vote each, except for the first and second place. The second place is shared by:




The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939) and Sherlock Holmes Faces Death (1943), with 14 % each of the votes.

And the award goes to...




The Spider Woman (1944) with 21 % of the votes. Isn't Gale Sondergaard wonderfully evil?


***


Poll number eight was your favourite Lon Chaney film. Exciting, huh?
All positions in this poll are shared! Sharing the third place, with 6 % each are:




The second place is shared by three great Chaney films, being:




The Blackbird (1926), Laugh, Clown, Laugh (1928) and Chaney's only talkie - The Unholy Three (1930).
And the first place is split between the two, probably most legendary, Chaney films:




The Phantom of the Opera (1925) and The Unknown (1927). You've got a wonderful taste, people!

May I give to you the famous unmasking scene from The Phantom of the Opera?
"Feast your eyes - glut your soul, on my accursed ugliness!"


3 comments:

Christopher said...

ha ha I win! :op....Thats hard on both of those..I picked The Unknown over the Phantom due to its offbeat storyline and its shorter and more to the point.
Spider Woman was my choice for Holmes deciding between Pearl of Death and Faces Death..

Lolita of the Classics said...

Christopher:
I reckon you have a great taste, Chris! I can't believe that more people don't like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, though... I love the foggy, 19th century London style!

Christopher said...

I haven't seen "Adventures of"nor Hound of the Baskervilles in ages..I really need to give them another look.George Zucco makes a fine Moriarty as did Lionel Atwill and Henry Daniell,all perfect choices.In a Role that tempts one to want to be a Ham,they all underplayed the part with great subtlety.